Blueberry Beet Juice Smoothie
Have you tried our Organic Raw Beet Juice Powder yet? Benefits of beet juice include:
- supporting healthy liver and heart function
- improved exercise endurance
As well, it’s a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients for glowing health and wellness! In fact, beet juice is making headlines for it’s ability to rejuvenate aging brains when combined with exercise.
With a natural sweetness, beet juice powder is the perfect mix-in for a homemade smoothie. Our favorite is a blueberry and beet juice powder smoothie – it’s refreshing, tasty, and packed with super food goodness!
Blueberry and Beet Juice Powder Smoothie Recipe
Serving Size: approximately 14oz/400mls (just under 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2-4 ice cubes
- 1 – 2 tsp. CitriSafe Beet Juice Powder
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp. sugar (or use sweetener of choice measured for an equivalent amount of sweetness)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp. brewer’s yeast
- Measure ingredients and add to your blender jar.
- Blend until everything is mixed together and ice is completely crushed. (30 sec – 1 minute)
- Pour into glass, add straw, and enjoy!
Feel free to modify the fruit, yogurt, and milk ingredients to suit your tastes and/or dietary needs. Other fruits that would work well include strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, or a mixture of berries. While whole milk offers many health benefits, lowfat and skim milk work just as well. And if you are cutting out sugar, substitute plain Greek yogurt for the vanilla – the beet juice powder will add a touch of sweetness! Drink up and enjoy the benefits of beet juice!